A blonde's perspective on life....

Friday, March 16, 2007

My Alaskan Adventure: Day 1

Me beside the frozen ocean surrounded by beautiful mountain.


Yesterday, upon arrival in the snowy arctic Anchorage, AK, the temperature was at a high of 7 degrees! That made up the difference of 73 degrees from the high at home. Even though cold, you almost didn't notice it so much because of the captivating mountains and ocean. Today I slept in a little from being so exhausted from being up about 48hrs. You see I couldn't really sleep the night before I left, I guess I was anxious. Anyway, after a great breakfast that Joe made, we headed out to check out the ice wall that we will be climbing tomorrow. I am way excited about that, but that will come after hiking Flattop tomorrow and lunch. This pic was taken right off what they call Turnagain Arm (might be spelled wrong). Yep, that is frozen water behind me in that picture. They told me the tide moves in and out 30 ft. in one day. It is the biggest tide in America as far as I know. Anyway, I have to get up early to hike, so off to bed I go. Till tomorrow.....
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home