A blonde's perspective on life....

Sunday, March 18, 2007

My Alaskan Adventure: Day 3

Me repelling after ice climbing on "Easy Money" right off Turnagain Arm.


Today I slept in till about 12 or so, tired from the Northern Lights hunt the night before. Once up, we got ready and went for breakfast at Gwennie's. It is a tourist restaurant that has great food and a lot of it. We had our fill on breakfast, and then Joe and I went to rent our ice climbing equipment needed for the afternoon climb. We headed back to the house to change and get ready for Cory (our wonderful guide) to come pick us up. The guys decided to head toward Turnagain Arm where there are a few spots to climb off the sides of the road. Once we had our gear set, Cory started lead climbing and once anchored in at the top it was my turn. Joe gave me some pointers, and off I went. It was an awesome experience, and difficult. By the time I reached the top, my arms were tired from swinging the ice axes and probably because I am just out of shape. Anyway, once Joe was up, then we were able to repell down. That was fun! I was not the greatest at it like Cory or Joe, but I also had never done it before, so I just took my time. Over all, I would totally ice climb again! On the way back home, I spotted a moose off the side of the highway. Cory turned around and went back so that we could see it. I took some pictures which are going to be on my web album. Once back at the house, we cleaned up and headed to Matt's to make dinner and watch a movie...dinner was great and the movie interesting. It was some Japanese made movie that was dubbed over with English. Does any more need to be said! Well, I am off to bed because we have church in the morning, so until tomorrow.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home