A blonde's perspective on life....

Monday, March 19, 2007

My Alaskan Adventure: Day 4

Me on the railroad tracks during sunset on Turnagain Arm


Well, this morning we were all up early to go to the 9:00a.m. service at Joe's parent's (the Sproul's) church. After church we went to brunch with the Sprouls and the Hartshorns to the Village Inn (pretty much a Denny's). When we got home, we packed the bags in case we decided to ski, and headed for Gildwood (which is a small town south of Anchorage that has an awesome ski resort). When we arrived, we took the tram to the top of the mountain and watched all the skiers and snowboarders. Actually next week they will be holding the U.S. Nationals there! Once we made it back to the bottom, I treated everyone to dinner, and we headed home. On the way back down the mountain we had a little bit of a thrill or scare. We hit ice, and went into a slide....we managed to come out with only a small portion of the back light gone, and a small dent. It was an awesome 360, and Joe handled it well.
Once home, Joe and I headed to meet some people from ChangePoint (Joe's church). It was a great time. There were about 16 of us, and 10 of us shut off all the lights and played hide and seek. I became the ultimate hide and seek player seeing that the 3 times we played, no one could find me. The funny thing is, they all looked right where I was hiding, but completely missed me cause it was pitch black, and they never actually touched me. They were all great people, and I had an awesome time hanging out with them. I know what you are thinking, hide and seek? But if you haven't tried it lately, then you might want to think about inviting some people over to play.....it makes for some great fun! Well, until tomorrow....my last day....sad

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home